07 May 2010

ROSELIA (Happy Mother's Day)


315 / ROSELIA - Pokémon Papercraft
Name:
Roselia
Type: Grass / Poison
Species: Thorn Pokémon
Height: 0.30 m (1′00″)
Weight: 2.0 kg (4.4 lbs.)
Interesting Facts: Roselia's aroma can bring serenity, but the thorns on its head contain a vicious poison. Roselia usually drink nutrient-rich spring water. Since Roselia is a plant-based Pokémon, it also nourishes itself through photosynthesis. It evolves from Budew via happiness during the daytime, and evolves into Roserade when exposed to radiation from a Shiny Stone.

THE PAPER MODEL
Height: 18.9 cm/7.5 in
Width: 32.8 cm/ 12.9 in
Depth: 20.0 cm/7.9 in
No. of Pages: 7
No. of Pieces: 35
Level: Medium/Hard
Designer: Brandon
Photo: Skelekitty
NOTES: Start at the head, and work your way down the body, closing the model at a leg by wrapping the tab faces around, one by one. With regards to the arms, build the roses first and then add the arms on, from hand to shoulder, then attach it. With the additional weight of the roses in mind, we recommend that you insert a length of scrap paper (rolled up tightly) into the arm cavity for added support at the elbow joint, and then glue a small square of scrap paper over the shoulder-arm connection tabs to ensure that the arms stay attached to the body.

Depending on your own skill level, you can choose between a simplified rose or the original version (see picture), but be aware that the latter is very tricky, and requires some thought and a little paper manipulation! Brandon suggested that an alternative would be to use the Kawasaki origami rose instead of the supplied papercraft versions. A base has also been included in the pack and is recommended as this model is not designed to stand independently.

Download: A4 / Letter

15 comments:

Carnilmo said...

Whaat? Roselia was released 3 days early? yeah! Can't wait to build her!!!!

Carnilmo said...

Hey guys. I was trying to change the eye texture, and I managed to do it, but when I try to remove the folding lines but keep the tab lines, all I can do is remove all lines! Is there a way I can change the texture, remove the folding lines and keep the tab lines???

Rita said...

beautiful ^_^

PAPERPOKES said...

@ Carnilmo

The PDOs we supply our readers are always Lined, so that you can see where the crease lines are if you are building the lineless models.

I don't believe that there is any way of removing those lines in Pepakura Viewer, and the PDOs are locked without a password.

Within the Download pack you will find 4 PDFs:
1. normal with lines
2. normal without lines
3. shiny with lines
4. shiny without lines

We suggest that you use these, rather than alter what we have supplied you.

Carnilmo said...

Thanks, but I solved my problem! I just painted all the tabs, so I can see them in a 100% transparency model, so I managed to change the texture and see the tabs! Blue rose is ready and beautiful!!! ^^

Kupo said...

Nice craft, but how did you get it to stand on the pointy legs?

Anonymous said...

Good, But personally I think you should make them more soon because every monday I just see those cuddly ones that i hate!!And it's hust boring to hope that next week there will be a good one.

PMF said...

kupo: it's called magic! ...or a use of a thin transparent wire.

Kupo said...

Ah, I see. Wingarduim Leviousa!

Maroochy said...

Response to this comment:

"Anonymous said...

Good, But personally I think you should make them more soon because every monday I just see those cuddly ones that i hate!!And it's hust boring to hope that next week there will be a good one."

You should be happy that paperpokes spend their time doing pokemons for you! Instead of writing that you hate the cute pokemons then why not try to suggest one you want instead? Paperpokes might be nice and do it some day when they have time. If they dont have time then why not do something yourself?

To paperpokes:
I adore your roselia model and the roses looks awesome! :D I wish I could do models as good as yours.. <3 I´m waiting patiently for the day Ho-oh will be released. ;) 'cause you are doing all, right?

"Gotta catch'em all!"

Miranda said...

Can people order templates of them and make our own? if so...how?

Brandon said...

No, but you can download the templates for free by clicking A4 or Letter (corresponding paper type you use) in the post.

For info about filetypes, check out the FAQ - http://paperpokes.blogspot.com/2007/02/frequently-asked-questions.html

Andrea Ca. said...

Amazing! REALLY AMAZING!! >.<

Anonymous said...

Hi paper pokes! Thank you really much for making this model. I am not the poster who was really impatient. I am really a big fan of your work. And so is my cousin. I wish that you could make the roserade model as well because I would definitely want to make the Roselia model for my mom and roserade model for my grandmother on mothers day this year. I hope that you could grant my wish. But.....I really like the roselia model as well. Hope you (Brandon) can make the roserade model soon and as pretty looking as it can be! Thanks a lot!

Anonymous said...

Hi!,I have made my favorite pokemon collections. for Roselia is my favorite Grass Pokemon.